In conjunction with the release of their newest CD, “Youth is in Our Blood,” and a nationwide tour in Summer 2010, the Dirty Guv’nahs wanted to complete their first music video.
The Knoxville-based band chose the Preservation Pub in Market Square in downtown Knoxville for the location of the shoot for their first single, “We’ll Be The Light.”
The Story Behind the Story
The Dirty Guv’nahs have been working closely with badlandpictures since Summer 2009, long before the production company was founded.
Back then, a group of us with some experience, equipment, and passion for filmmaking in Knoxville would often make trailers and short films (some of which are featured here–we still love to work together). This translated into a core crew to work with the Dirty Guv’nahs as we filmed their first concert in the Fall of 2009 at the Square Room, also in Market Square.
“We’ll Be The Light” was a natural choice for their first music video, and we continued our success in working together while making this video.
- Director: SCOTT MURPHY
- Produced by: badlandpictures
- Associate Producer: MELISSA PRIODE
- Director of Photography: SCOTT MURPHY
- Senior Editor: SCOTT MURPHY
- Assistant Editor: DANIEL HUBBARD
- Camera Operator: DANIEL HUBBARD
- Camera Operator: SCOTT MURPHY
- Media Coordinator: BEN MOSER
- Media Coordinator: CHRIS SHAMBLIN
- Production Assistant: GABRIELLA CABALLERO
- Production Assistant: PATRICK FOX
- Production Assistant: STEPHEN HIRST
- Production Assistant: JOE KING
- Production Assistant: MARK MCNABB
- Production Assistant: BEN MOSER
- Production Assistant: WADE RACKLEY
- Production Assistant: CHRIS SHAMBLIN
- Lighting: STELLAR VISION AND SOUND
- Preservation Pub
Shot on two Canon 5D Mark IIs with Zeiss 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 105mm lenses. Filmed on location at Preservation Pub in Knoxville, Tennessee.